Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Let me tell you about Rev. Rap'

My family is the First Family of Gospel Rap. My Gospel Rap Ministry began in 1985 and has continued to bear fruit for over 27 years and counting.

I twice opened for Carman, the Christian Entertainer and 7 Dove Awards winner and for the General Baptist National Youth Conference.
Additionally, I have performed at:
  • the National Gospel Union Workshop Conference;

  • the Mid West Missionary Baptist Conference;

  • 100's of Schools (DARE Graduations and Just Say No Concerts); and

  • 1000's of Churches.

Rev. Rap' aka Rev. DeWayne GoLightly is an ordained minister in the CME Church, and is presently the General Secretary of Evangelism and Missions of the CME Church. He is a former social worker of the state of Kentucky, former Chaplain at a prison in Illinois, and has been a Christian Rapper since 1985.

Rappin '4' Jesus CD is Christian Rap that crosses all musical boundaries and genres. Hip Hop, R&B, Country, Rock, and Old School.
  • With serious tracks like "Suicide" and "Praise The Lord", and humorous tracks like "Get High Naturally" and "Dynamite Christian", R&B tracks like "I Need a HUG", and Rock tracks like "Lift Him Up Higher".

  • Although all the beats have their own flava, tracks "Drug Free", "Testify" are RAWWWWW. The remaining tracks, "The WORD", "JESUS" and "I am SOMEBODY", complete the CD with a little sumpin sumpin for everyone.
Welcome, My Brothers and Sisters! Visit often and leave a comment!
Your Brother-in-Christ,
Rev. Rap' aka Evangelist DeWayne GoLightly

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessingts to you for your ministry, you are doing a great work for the King. I have many resources that may of use to you in your work. Visit and please sign my guestbook while you are there http://www.unitedintruth.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home